This is not my picture, for the link please click: poetry

Join me in my journey with poetry...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Inspiration

Poetry greatly fascinates me. After reading poems, I feel a deep connection with what I have just read. Poems are filled with great wonder. Just the thought that simple words, created into a certain pattern using different techniques and methods, can affect a person's mood, day, and life, is so stunning. It's such a wonder how in one scan of reading a poem for the first time can bring tears out of one's eyes or can put a smile into the saddest face. Poems create such an intense atmosphere that stir emotions within people and it's what mesmerizes me the most. With poems, whether I'm writing my own, or reading someone else's, I always become captivated by key words and thoughts that can leave me thinking about the topic for that whole day. Poems energize me, make me sad, make me happy, and make me confused, based on what the poem is about, but the most important aspect that poems create within a person is a sense of openness. With poems I feel free, calm, and ready to open up and engage all the emotions I have hid within myself for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment